"Which FISH hook is the best all-round?"
The standard Fish Hook.
"Why is your hook so "burly" when
compared to the Pika or other available models?"
Our hooks are made for no nonsence hooking with an extra measure of
security. We are not making them for obscure camming in pinscars or
for some wacked placement in a million. Our hooks are not shy in the
strength department and will take some abuse, be it from numerous
walls or the occasional hammer tap. Users tell us that they just feel
safer when on one of our hooks than when they are standing on the
thin and wobbly hooks offered by other manufacturers.
"I've heard I should grind the tip of my
hook to a sharp point. Should I?"
In a word, yes. It opens up some enhanced placements to super secure
hooking. We do not sell them like this, but it is easily done at home.
"Why are your hooks so expensive?"
Instead of stamping our hooks out of thin stock, each one is individually
made with the following process:
1. Stock is cut to length
2. Cut stock is then machined to the required arrow shape before bending.
3. Stock is now drilled for the tieoff hole.
4. Hole is chamfered as not to cut the webbing
5. Tip is hand ground on the inner tip surface and all the edges are
broken for a nice feel.
6. The flat stock is now heated and bent by hand.
7. After getting the desired hook shape the hook is then heat treated.
8. After heat treating the outer surface of the hook tip is now hand
ground for the proper shape.
9. The entire hook is now wire wheeled by hand to remove surface scaling
from the heat treating process.
10. Inspection and QC.